Job Number: 21330303
DATA SCIENTIST / COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
WEST POINT, PA
Onsite role for 1 year with possibility of extension.
- Scientists in the Automation team within Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM) at West Point contribute to the vaccine and biologic therapeutic area through development, optimization, validation, clinical and pre-clinical testing.
- This specific position will support the automation team and the individual should have a knowledge of the principles and concepts of various software coding techniques to assist in data management, visualization and integration of various liquid handlers and laboratory equipment.
- The successful candidate will provide data solutions to experiments with laboratory equipment and automation in addition so sample preparation as needed.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment to operate automated laboratory equipment and systems to the support of the vaccines and biologics pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- The candidate will be able to leverage the understanding of various software techniques to support laboratory equipment impacting bioanalytical procedures supporting pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Develop/Support IT solutions for robotic integration and validation requirements, materials tracking and data visualization.
- Work with engineering team to integrate various hardware components with laboratory equipment.
- Develop/update operations SOPs.
- Manage data integrity through the automated process.
- Work jointly with department members, IT, and across functional teams to contribute to operate and support our screening infrastructure including our clinical screening libraries, lab instrumentation and robotic platforms, and development of novel data handling and analysis workflows.
- Collaborate to identify, evaluate, and recommend novel and cutting-edge software, automation, and assay strategies to drive our discovery programs, including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Ability to oversee and drive the design, planning and execution of robust automation strategies to support various vaccine program clinical assay.
- Contribute to the validation and implementation of novel automated workflows .
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering, Automated Sciences.
- 0-3 years relevant experience.
- Able to integrate software applications.
- Data / File manipulation.
- Microsoft programming languages (VB, C#, LabVIEW or equivalent).
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL.
- Experience with big data visualization packages (Spotfire).
- Statistical Programming.
- Use of electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Experience with GLP.
- Team player .
- Looking for a Computer programmer or a Data scientist .
- Able to manipulate files.
- Someone with database exposure.
- Spotfire experience.
- Experience in regulated space, pharma industry preferred.
- Application writing experience .
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Angie: angie@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #22-02308
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE