Job Number: 21176197
DIGITAL MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
- The Digital Manufacturing Engineer is a key member of the Digital Plant team supporting digital systems at the Syracuse manufacturing plant.
- The primary role of the Digital Manufacturing engineer is to provide engineering solutions for electronic paperwork, data reporting, and analytic applications support.
- The role will bring process information to Operators, Technicians and Engineers to assist them in making real-time decisions and improve process safety, efficiency, and productivity.
- The role will work with process experts in determining requirements, developing specifications, implementing hardware/software strategies, testing designs, providing support for manufacturing systems, and working safely and efficiently in a quality focused environment.
- The Client will provide training as necessary to enable skills in specific applications used to support this role.
- Create and execute digitization solutions to eliminate paper records from conception to completion, with limited supervisory oversight.
- Understand Process Flow Diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures, Manufacturing Batch Records, and paper-based forms to translate into an electronic format.
- Partner with cross functional teams across the site to understand requirements, evaluate appropriate level of electronic documentation, and deliver solutions.
- Test automation solutions to ensure accuracy and robustness of programming.
- Collaborate with third-party contractors, where necessary, to ensure electronic documentation meets user requirements.
- Author and execute SQL scripts to retrieve and analyze data.
- Application subject matter expert, or administrator, for digital software applications including, but not limited to, OSI PI, Syncade, Bio-G, Analytic Packages (Discoverant, SIMCA, SEEQ, etc.), Spotfire or Tableau.
- Deploy hardware, as necessary, in support of industrial software solutions.
- Provide on and potential off-hour support for industrial software systems.
- Lead training of automated solutions with operations staff as well as automation colleagues to ensure understanding of software programs functionality.
- Adhere to all plant safety procedures.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of manufacturing industry experience programming.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft business applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Computing hardware and communication systems that include PCs, servers, thin clients, Ethernet infrastructure.
- Experience with SQL, C#, JAVA, HTML, XML.
- Must be a hands-on individual, willing to take initiative, as well as ability to effectively work in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of automation control methodologies is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable regulatory requirements are a plus.
- Physical Demands:
- Office-based position which requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) when field work is required.
- Frequent repeated motions such as keyboarding is required.
- Work Environment:
- This position is based indoors, and the employee will primarily be working with others, but also independently.
- This position is a team & project-based position that will require occasional shift work, weekends, and holidays.
- This position requires up to 0% of travel.
This 9+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jennifer: jennifer@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #22-02205
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE