Job Number: 21187886
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST
- Provide direction and make decisions regarding all site Governance activities.
- Serve as a liaison for regulatory agencies.
- Track & report Governance KPIs (Health & Safety, Environmental and Risk).
- Conduct plant safety, health, and environmental inspections and on the job coaching with operations team members.
- Drive full compliance and adherence to site environmental permits and ensure documentation is maintained in accordance permitting requirements
- Prepare and submit all required environmental permit applications and renewals and routine agency reports to meet standard schedules, e.G., air, wastewater, SPCC, spill reporting, etc.
- Ownership and maintenance of site OSHA logs.
- Drive Governance and compliance training program development, improvement, and implementation to ensure all employees are refreshed on health, safety, and environmental topics.
- Maintain contractor safety program including the qualification process, orientation, and safety compliance.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the site to enhance employee engagement.
- Drive Behavior Based Safety Program and support employee culture shift for the site
- Conduct risk assessments and make recommendations to site leadership on risk elimination, reduction, and control strategies.
- Conduct root cause analysis for incidents, accidents and near misses. Lead corrective actions and lessons learned at the site and corporate level.
- Manage and ensure adherence to all EHS internal audit and GRMS program schedule.
- Roll out/embed all health, safety and environmental programs including Zero Harm, SFIP, Life savings rules and Green IQ.
- Champion site environmental sustainability programs in support of the Client's 2030 targets.
- Drive the Liquid and Packaging Quality Agenda at the site.
- Ensure adherence to ISO standards and audit prep.
- Report KPI's for site quality.
- Document control.
- Audit for Good Manufacturing Practices across site.
- Bachelor's Degree in EHS or related field.
- 5+ years related experience in a relevant manufacturing environment.
- EHS professional qualifications an added advantage.
- Knowledge of EHS Management systems, business risk and continuity management including identification, assessment, control, and crisis management.
- Knowledge of implementation strategies for embedding/sustaining EHS culture.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to leverage professional and regulatory network in resolution and problem solving.
- Strong planning, organizational and engagement skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, nationally recognized standards, and guidelines related to specialized environmental, health and safety functions as required.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Vic: vic@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #22-02215
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE