Job Number: 21337671
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
SAN DIEGO, CA
- B.Sc. Or M.Sc. In Molecular/Cell Biology (or related field) with at least 3 years work experience Oncogenesis Thematic Research Center (TRC).
- Wet-lab experience using routine molecular, cellular, and genetic tools, including:
- Mammalian cell culture.
- Plasmid Cloning.
- Lentiviral Packaging/Transduction.
- Gene Editing Technologies and Cell Line Engineering (CRISPR/Cas9, RNP electroporation, RNAi, etc.).
- Western Blotting and WESS/JESS ProteinSimple protein analysis.
- DNA and RNA extraction and quantification.
- Plate-based fluorescent, luminescent, and incucycte assays.
- Flow cytometry/FACS.
- Windows, Excel, and a graphing software, such as Prism GraphPad.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong desire to learn new biology and techniques.
- Works collaboratively with team members.
- The Oncogenesis TRC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate contractor to join our Oncology Discovery Team.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively to develop novel protein degradation agents targeting cancer-specific pathways and define the mechanisms of action of lead novel compounds.
- The successful candidate will have considerable experience and strong technical skills in molecular and cell biology as well as clear verbal and written communication skills.
- The candidate will work collaboratively within a dynamic laboratory that uses computation, cell-based models, molecular biology, and mass spectrometry to identify and characterize oncology pathways.
- Our perfect candidate will exhibit excellent organization and a passion for science and the lab.
- Design and execute molecular and cell biology experiments to elucidate mechanism of action.
- Gain- and loss-of-function experiments to support target validation.
- Collaboratively work with others to execute on project goals.
- Plate-based cellular assays to characterize project compounds.
- Interpret, communicate, and troubleshoot experimental results.
- Document results in an accurate and complete laboratory notebook.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Cheryl: cambrose@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #22- 02314
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE