Job Number: 21154512
LAWRENCE TOWNSHIP, NJ
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong CS fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, Systems Design, and Operating Systems).
- Proficient in Python, Java, and C/C++.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience building software for biotech, pharma, or other healthcare applications.
- Experience creating databases in a large enterprise context.
- Demonstrated proficiency with big data tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AWS cloud services, such as EC2, EMR, RDS, and Redshift.
- Experience with React, Angular, and/or Vue).
- Experience building API driven services.
- Experience with statistical computing using R or SAS.
- Exposure to the drug development process.
- PAGA is a full-time internal strategy consulting group situated within the Business Insights and Analytics (BIA) organization.
- PIPAN seeks a generalist Software Engineer who is passionate about transforming patients' lives through analytics.
- The work products of this role will have both an immediate impact on the business, and the longer-term effect of helping to speed new treatment options to patients with unmet medical needs.
- The successful candidate will design, implement, and orchestrate entirely new tools and applications that leverage data and AI.
- The role requires:
- A mission-driven self-starter who is comfortable working independently towards a clear goal, but with limited granular guidance on implementation.
- Rapid prototyping of solutions in partnership with a small group of experts.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists and Software Engineers across the corporation on larger scale projects.
- PAGA promotes a growth mindset within a collegial culture where everyone's voice is heard.
- Our fast-paced, start-up-like environment requires a passion for solving problems, willingness to learn from others, quick and creative thinking, and an open mind when discussing new ideas.
- Principal Role Responsibilities:
- Collaborate across PIPAN and PAGA to investigate design approaches, determine build specifications, evaluate technical feasibility, and prototype new technology.
- Implement best practices in building and deploying fit-for-purpose software solutions that empower PAGA analysts.
- Engineer a software ecosystem that synergizes external and internal software tools.
- Produce code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Design and implement AI-ready databases in-house.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure solution quality, scalability, and integrability with enterprise systems.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Cindi: cindi@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #22-02177
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE