Job Number: 24968548
Shift- M-F (6.30am-2.30 pm or 7.30am-3.30pm).
- High school diploma.
- A combination of equivalent experience and education will be considered.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the quality care of laboratory animals and direct contact with a variety of animals. Basic knowledge of animal husbandry, health, and welfare for the specific species at the facility is required.
- Need someone who follows directions, SOPs, Self-motivated, Team player.
- Immunizations & routine blood sampling may be required to ensure human safety while working with zoonotic agents, Actual protocol may vary by site.
- Involves 365 days per year of animal work and responsibility.
- Involves routine indoor/outdoor exposure on a daily basis, travel from facility to facility, on-call status for animal care, and involves flexible work week and/or overtime.
- Basic animal husbandry, observation of animals, record keeping, and assisting with some technical procedures, in addition to cleaning and servicing of animal units.
- Provide basic animal husbandry, i.E., feed, water, care, sanitation, socialization.
- Observations test animals for adverse reactions.
- Cleaning and disinfection of animal units after an experiment is conducted. This includes initial cleaning, disinfecting, and changing filters and fumigation of the units.
- Support AS and R&D personnel by assisting with technical procedures on animals, i.E., bleeding, restraining and inoculation.
- This includes collection of blood, nasal swabs, and fecal sampling. Euthanasia of animals for collection of tissue by Attending Veterinarian and/or Project Leaders.
- Necropsy of animals for project leaders to evaluate lesions, tissue samples and disease.
- Keep accurate records on animals involved in studies.
- Contact Attending Veterinarian, Manager or Supervisor if animals show abnormal behavior.
- Review animal protocol studies within two weeks prior to initiation of the animal studies.
- Stock animal rooms, identify animals, i.E., tagging, placement of animals in proper facility.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Vic: vic@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #23-01515
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE