Job Number: 25543964
Pay Rate: 40.0-41.93 USD/Hour
ASSISTANT SCIENTIST / BIOLOGICS PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
This role is 100% Onsite.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, Business Hours.
The pay ranges between $40.00 to $41.93 per hour.
- B.S. In Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or related biologics fields with 0 - 2 years of industry experience is required .
- Excellent oral and written communication skills .
- Strong knowledge of downstream process development and unit operations, including chromatography and tangential flow filtration is preferred .
- Working knowledge of current good manufacturing practices is a plus .
- Prior experience in single-use manufacturing and automation is a plus .
- Knowledge of upstream processing is a plus .
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as HPLC, Gel Electrophoresis, or others is a plus .
- Knowledge of statistics, design of experiment, and data analysis is a plus .
- The Assistant Scientist position will be part of the Downstream Pilot Plant Group in Devens, MA to scale-up and execute downstream processes for late-stage biologics in client's robust pipeline.
- This role will work closely with the upstream team, analytical team, process development, and manufacturing sites within the company network to deliver robust, scalable, and economical processes for late-stage clinical and commercial supply.
- This position will report to the Downstream Pilot Plant Group and will be based in Devens, MA.
- Responsible for daily operation in the Downstream Pilot Plant Lab, including operating chromatographic and filtration skids, sample submission, preparing buffers, and monitoring/troubleshooting.
- Follow SOPs and fill out technical forms including campaign summary reports and batch records.
- Maintain a safe work environment in the Pilot Plant Lab.
- Introduce, evaluate, and implement innovative new process technologies to support platform evolution.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support process investigations, process development, scale-up, and tech transfer to clinical and commercial manufacturing .
- Collaborate with partner Upstream Pilot Plant Lab and Downstream Process Development to ensure smooth process and material transfer .
- Track performance of Scale-up data against development scale to aid Process Development teams in the development of scale-down models .
This 10+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Cindi: cindi@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #23-01751
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE