Job Number: 24995685
IN VIVO SCIENTIST
SAN DIEGO, CA
100% on site
The pay ranges between $75 to $80 per hour.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of academic and / or industry experience or master's degree.
- 3+ years of academic and / or industry experience or Ph.D. Or equivalent advanced degree in the Life Sciences.
- No experience necessary.
- Proven track record in validating and implementing animal models for testing cancer therapies including xenograft and syngeneic tumor models.
- Experience with advanced humanized models is a plus.
- In vivo skills include animal handling, dosing of small or large molecules, ADC sample preparation, small animal surgeries, tissue sample collection, imaging modalities.
- In vivo target validation and experience with more complex xenotransplantation, transgenic and knockout models is a plus.
- Proficiency in laboratory bench skills such as ELISAs, Western blots, Mesoscale, qPCR, Nanostring, Flow cytometry, and/or histology is required.
- Experience with immunophenotyping of cells from various matrices is a plus.
- Proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale.
- Detail oriented and able to problem solve and offer potential solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write protocols and technical reports with precision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude and independently collaborate across teams, requiring excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Interface with cross-functional team members and present to multidisciplinary teams.
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, FlowJo and GraphPad Prism.
- Experience with StudyLog software is a plus.
- Local candidates preferred.
- The Client is seeking a motivated Scientist with a deep understanding of pharmacology in small and large molecule drug discovery processes.
- The candidate will be expected to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment and support multiple projects.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to lead cancer drug discovery projects, participate in the evaluation of new targets and design and implement a strategy for in vivo validation of these targets.
- The candidate will also lead and manage the pharmacology staff assigned to him/her focusing on execution, priority setting and career development to accomplish the department and project goals.
- The candidate will participate in the preparation of protocols and reports.
- The candidate will work independently and be viewed as an experienced technical resource in pharmacology.
- Independently design, plan, execute and interpret complex in vivo studies focused on identifying small and large candidate molecules and ADCs within the area of oncology.
- Formulation of small and/or large molecules for in vivo studies.
- Evaluation of pathway biomarkers and endpoints from in vivo studies via techniques such as flow cytometry, qPCR, IHC, ELISA, Mesoscale, Flow cytometry and Western blots.
- Plan, execute and interpret pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies in acute and chronic disease models.
- Data presentation to multidisciplinary discovery teams.
- Participate in the evaluation of new targets.
- Identification of risks within function and development of contingencies plans to mitigate risk.
- Lead and manage the pharmacology staff assigned to them.
- Interface with cross-functional teams and represent pharmacology on discovery teams and lead sub-teams.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jacqueline: jacqueline@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #23-01537
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE