Job Number: 24679979
SAN DIEGO, CA
100% on-site, lab-based role.
Pay ranges between $33 - $36 per hour.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (no PhD candidates).
- 1-3 years of wet lab research experience and basic knowledge of cancer biology.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Basic molecular biology skills, including PCR and western blotting, highly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time management of daily activities to deliver timely results.
- Excellent organizational skills and record-keeping.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- The Oncology Discovery team at the Oncogenesis Thematic Research Center is seeking a Research Associate to support their drug discovery and characterization efforts.
- An early-career level position.
- Familiarity with core industry and lab practices and standards.
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity.
- The qualified candidate will leverage various CRISPR/Cas9 technologies to enable genetic screens to support early and late-stage drug mechanism of action studies.
- They will assist senior team members in performing the totality of the screening process, including cell line generation, cell treatment experiments, NGS library preparation, and target validation.
- Design research protocols in collaboration with senior researchers.
- Execute existing cellular and molecular biology protocols in the laboratory.
- Maintain cancer cell lines and establish new stable lines via lentiviral transduction.
- Perform genetic targeting using CRISPR/Cas9 technology for cell line characterization and screening, including studies performed on a genome-wide scale.
- Conduct routine molecular and cellular experiments including gDNA and RNA isolation, PCR, cloning, western blot analysis, flow cytometry, and microplate cell proliferation assays.
- Identify experimental issues, troubleshoot, and recommend a corrective course of action.
- Record data in electronic notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Communication results in written and oral presentations.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Joanne: jm@alphaconsulting.Com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #23-01351
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE